Luxurious Thick Hot Chocolate
5 ingredients, 5 minutes
We’re approaching the end of January now, a time which can sometimes feel pretty mundane. A time where we need all the little luxuries life can offer to tick us over into February, and get us one step closer to the end of winter. So here, we present to you, luxuriously thick drinking chocolate, better described as steaming chocolate velvet.
You will need:
- Dark or bittersweet chocolate, for something like this milk chocolate could be too sweet. That being said this is your hot chocolate, so if you would prefer to use milk chocolate, be our guest!
- Milk of your choice, we used oat milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Maple syrup, or any sweetener of your choice.
- Break your chocolate into squares, and then give it a rough chop. This will help the chocolate to melt evenly, creating the velvety texture we want.
- In a pan, pour in your milk and to this add your cornflour, vanilla and maple syrup. Slowly stir consistently, and you should start to see the mixture thicken up.
- Once everything has slightly thickened and is smooth, add the chocolate. Keep stirring whilst the chocolate melts through the milk mixture. At this stage, if you fancy adding a sneaky dash of Baileys (or any complimentary alcohol of your choice) now is your moment.
Pour into your favourite mug and enjoy on its own or with a side of fresh sugary donuts for dunking. And there you have it, so simple but SO good.